Chocolate Chile Cake
« previous entry |
May. 20th, 2007 | 12:14 pm
I cooked this for a friend's birthday, came out very very moist and very chocolat-y. However, there wasn't enough chile to suit me and I should have used espresso instead of cofeee.
1 C brewed espresso (1 cup coffee didn't really flavor the cake)
1 C packed dark brown sugar
3 Cinnamon Sticks (I wonder if I could just use the cinnamon, next time I wil try.)
3 stick unsalted butter
2 teaspoons cyenne pepper (1 used only 1 needed more, try 2 next time)
12 oz semi sweet chocolate
4 oz unsweetened chocolate
8 large eggs beaten
2 pakagaes fresh berries (rasberries)
1. Position rack in bottom 1/3 of oven
2. Preheat to 375
3. Wrap heavy duty foil around the bottom and press to seal
4. In med saucepan combine espresso, brown sugar and sinnamon sticks and simmer over low heat until fragrant 20 min
5. Discard cinnamon sticks
6. Add the butter and cayenne and stir until butter is melted.
7. Coarsely chop the semisweet and unsweeetened chocolate and whisk into the coffee mixture until melted
8. Pour into big bowl
9. Whisk in the eggs
10. Scrape batter into prepared pan
11. Place plan inside a larger ovenproof pan and pour enough water to reach halfway up the sides
12. Bake 50 min to an hour until toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
13. Carefully remove pan from water bath
14. Set on a rack to cool.
15. Release springform and remove parchment
16. Cool for 8 hours in refridgerator
17. Slice the cake and serve with berries.